A council-owned site overlooking the Trent and Mersey Canal, the Goods Yard is excellently located at the gateway to the city, a short stroll from Stoke Station, Staffordshire University and Stoke town with the city centre a mile away. This is a priority regeneration scheme within the Stoke Station Masterplan, which forms part of the city’s Transforming Cities Fund programme. With £16m secured from Levelling Up funding, plans are to create a vibrant micro-neighbourhood that’s packed full of design features to restore and bring the space alive and transform tired industrial buildings to a lively urban quarter for people to call home and spend time.
Capital & Centric was appointed as development partner in September 2022. Bowmer and Kirkland is the principal contractor and work began on site later that month to bring forward this landmark project which is estimated to be completed in Spring 2025.
• Planning Approval – March 2022
• Enabling Works – March 2022 to August 2022
• Main Works – September 2022 to April 2025
• Goods Yard Living: 174 design-led apartments for rent, with a mix of 1, 2 and 3-bed homes with ground floor resident facilities and amenity space.
• Signal Box: A café-bar in the currently derelict rail signal box.
• Vaults Warehouse: Restoration of brick vaulted, below ground warehouse to create work and leisure space.
• Canalside Jetty: Opening up the water’s edge to the public.
• The Pavilion: 5,000sq ft in a double height space for workspace and/or leisure use.
• The Goods Yard Square: A bustling public square with gardens, space for pop-up events, with pedestrian and cycle links to the surrounding area.
• Hotel: 150 bed hotel (to be delivered as part of Phase 2)
Interested in this project?
Get in touch below to find out more.