This is a Homes England Partnership site.
This 7.12 acre, council owned site, is located south-east of Stoke-on-Trent’s principal shopping area and is adjacent to the main bus station. The vision is stunning; a residential and leisure-led, mixed-use development which will be catalytic in reinvigorating and bringing viability back to the city centre as well as attracting new businesses to the high street. Significantly, it complements the cultural investment made with the opening of the magnificent Spitfire Gallery at The Potteries Museum and Art Gallery in September 2021 and the continuous regeneration of Smithfield into a dynamic and thriving business quarter.
Planning approval has been secured for the Etruscan Square masterplan and the initial phases of development including new homes and essential infrastructure. Essential site demolition and initial remediation works are well underway. This is a landmark scheme, which has already secured £20m of Levelling Up funding, and the city council is inviting interest from developers specialising in high quality urban residential and venue/arena opportunities to transform one of the Midlands’ largest cleared city centre brownfield sites.
• Planning approval – April 2023
• Phase 1a: MSCP August 2023 – September 2024 and residential land remediation for
Phase 1b September 2023 – May 2024
• Phase 1b: 136 apartments and three townhouses for private rent June 2024 – December 2025
• Future Phases 2 and 3 consisting of housing/commercial/arena and hotel
• 292 residential units (in two phases)
• A mobility hub/ multi-storey car park – 643 spaces
• 2,600 seating or 3,600 standing flexible space events arena
• 656 sq m of commercial space (in two phases)
• 138 bedroom 3* hotel
Interested in this project?
Get in touch below to find out more.